Our ASi systems are wired using a simple, topology-free two-wire cable. It is easy to handle, avoids wiring mistakes and can be extended without difficulty. When it comes to higher-level systems, our safety and wiring technology can be used with any system and manufacturer and enables simple, fast and thus cost-effective commissioning.
One of the Easiest Installation Concepts Worldwide
With conventional parallel wiring, at least four lines per E-STOP are necessary to achieve PLe, plus additional two lines for the lighting. In case of other safety sensors even more lines might be needed.
Bihl+Wiedemann devices, on the other hand, can send up to 62 safe signals plus the supply voltage over just one 2-conductor cable.
Relieves the Fieldbus
PLC independent safety technology relieves the higher level controller: instead of many individual fieldbus slaves only the Safety Gateway is connected to the fieldbus. It collects the safe sensors and actuators directly in the field and controls the actuators.
The use of Bihl+Wiedemann devices enables compact machinery design, since for example the space for decentralized control cabinet can be saved. Therefore the wiring effort required for doors with interlocks for example is significantly reduced. The piercing technology greatly reduces time and effort compared with expensive and cumbersome connector assembly.
- The field installation concept is always the same and reduces the fieldbus slaves – greater overview
- Safety Gateways eliminate the need for expensive measuring instruments thanks to the integrated measuring technology
- Increased performance of the fieldbus and simple expansion of the field modules
The active distributors from Bihl+Wiedemann allow sensors and actuators to be connected in the field directly where they are used. Such flexible use offers many advantages from the construction site to the continuous flow production.
The safety system can be commissioned regardless of the higher level controller:
- No connector assembly – Plug and Play down to the sensor
- Physical and logical diagnostics integrated
- No additional measuring devices required