Fig. 1: Michael Corban, chief editor of the magazine "elektro AUTOMATION" (at right in photo), hands the certificate to Thomas Rönitzsch, Press Officer at Bihl+Wiedemann.
The ASi-3 Sercos Gateway, CIP Safety over Sercos, with Safe Link ( BWU3160 ) stood out for the following:
- Safe control of drives with integrated speed monitor and safe fieldbus interface
- Simplified handling and reduced hardware and installation costs through integration of drive-, peripheral- and safety-bus as well as standard Ethernet in a single network
- CIP Safety via Sercos for 2 ASi networks, integrated switch
- Version "1 Gateway, 1 power supply for 2 ASi networks"
- Applications up to SIL3/Cat4/PLe
- Chip card for easy device exchange
- 2 ASi Masters in 1 Gateway
- 3 two-channel inputs in the unit, expandable by up to 62 two-channel safe inputs
- 6 independent safe outputs in the device expandable to maximum 64 independent safe outputs
Fig. 2: ASi-3 CIP Safety over Sercos Gateway with integrated Safety Monitor, 2 ASi masters
( BWU3160 )
Cooperative efforts such as the joint development of the TBPN, the world’s first hybrid safety/standard block I/O module from Turck, have been part of the corporate strategy at Bihl+Wiedemann since the founding of the company in 1992. Partnering with others, solutions for customers can be implemented in extremely short times – solutions that would often likely not exist without the joint efforts of suppliers. Because the point of departure for cooperative projects is frequently the wishes of the machine builders or users to have access to products that combine the core competencies of two or more companies in one. In this specific case Bihl+Wiedemann and Turck succeeded jointly in combining the standard and IO-Link ports of IP67 expert Turck with the safety electronics for the safe in- and outputs of the safety experts from Mannheim along with the associated safety software into a multi-functional, robust Profinet/Profisafe I/O module in IP65/67/69k.
Fig.: Jochen Bihl (left), managing director of Bihl+Wiedemann, and Turck managing director Christian Wolf look forward to close cooperation.
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH made it to the Top 5 of the Automation Award 2014 with their Safety Basic Monitor with Ethernet interface (BWU2852). Awarded annually at SPS ICP Drives, this is the most distinguished prize in the automation industry. The Safety Basic Monitor was selected by a jury of experts and visitors to SPS IPC Drives as one of the Top 5 of all submitted products in the area of Control Engineering and System Solutions.
The Safety Basic Monitor with Ethernet interface (BWU2852) stood out for the following:
1. More cost-effective than emergency stop relays for just 3 or more safety signals
2. Installation width only 22.5 mm
3. Safe Link over Ethernet
4. Standstill/ speed monitoring
5. Flexibly expandable