The ASi-5/ASi-3 PROFIsafe via PROFINET Gateway with integrated Safety Monitor is now also available as a single master without integrated I/Os: The BWU4018 is thus a cost-effective entry-level model that helps you exploit ASi advantages in the PROFIsafe environment.
As opposed to Ethernet wiring, with ASi you do not need such things as plugs for the 24 V supply and bus connection. This way, you can significantly reduce your wiring costs and the installation effort.
Thanks to ASi-5 technology, you can now use the BWU4018 to also integrate ASi-5 nodes. Modern gateways also offer other advantages, such as:
- Field update capability for tamper-proof firmware and security updates
- Integrated OPC UA server for Industry 4.0 applications
- Integrated web server for fast system diagnostics
Fig.: ASi-5/ASi-3 PROFIsafe via PROFINET Gateway with integrated Safety Monitor (BWU4018)
- PROFIsafe and Safe Link in one device
- 1 ASi-5/ASi-3 master, PROFINET device
- reading ASi Safety input nodes via PROFIsafe
- writing to ASi Safety output nodes via PROFIsafe
- Up to 31 safe ASi nodes (each usable as inputs or outputs)
- OPC UA server and integrated web server for simple diagnostics
- Selection of mode of safe operation
- Chip card integrated for storing the configuration data