Safe Link from Bihl+Wiedemann
Safe Link is a technology in the Gateways with integrated Safety Monitors and the Safety Basic Monitors with Ethernet interface. It allows safety controllers to be connected to each other simply, efficiently and with the greatest possible flexibility. Learn more about it in the following articles.
Why safe coupling?
Many safe signals
- Up to 62 safe signals per safety monitor
- The more safe signals, the more safety monitors are needed
- Safety monitors are coupled to each other
Safe couple multiple machines
- Central E-Shop works on multiple machines
- E-Stop on one machine works for the neighboring machine
Widely distributed systems
- Encapsulating of system parts, segmenting
- Modular system construction
- Individual modules are coupled to each other
- Safe communication over optical data transmission (additionally required)
- Safe communication over WLAN networks (addional access points required)
- For example driverless transport systems, storage and retrieval systems and other mobile applications
- For industrial Ethernet derivates
- Couple monitors over the fieldbus interface of the gateways
- Communication over the already present Ethernet rail
Learn how to seamlessly integrate safe sensors and actuators as well as safety monitors into all common automation systems with ASi Safety. Safe and unsafe signals can be transmitted on the same line.
PLC Independent Safety Technology
Discover the advantages of our safety and wiring technology, which is system and manufacturer-neutral. In this way, it enables simple, fast and thus cost-effective commissioning.
Discover how easy muting is with Bihl+Wiedemann's muting modules. All signals required for muting can be connected to a single module.
Selection of Mode of Safe Operation
Read all about how our TÜV-certified device facilitates "selection of mode of sfae operation selection": A standard HMI allows you to safely select up to 5 different operating modes for a maximum of 6 plant sections – each with unique safety functions.